Using Our Free Ring Sizer
Our free plastic ring sizer makes determining ring size a breeze. Simply slide your finger into the sizer until you find a size that feels right. We recommend trying a half size up and half size down as well to find your precise fit. The right size should be snug enough so the plastic ring won't fall off but loose enough to slide over the knuckle.
Measuring Ring Size With Our Printable Ring Size Chart
If you're looking to measure a ring size in a hurry, our printable ring sizer is the perfect tool to help. Simply print out the guide and place a ring the wearer already owns over the circles, matching the inside of the ring to the circle nearest in size. If the ring is between two circle sizes, choose the larger size.
Our printable guide also includes a ring size chart with precise diameter measurements and their corresponding ring sizes along with international ring sizes. With our online ring sizer, you'll quickly find out the right size.
How To Measure Ring Size With String, Paper & Ruler
If you're shopping for someone else, the best way to find his or her ring size is to ask. If you're planning a surprise, get help from friends and family. They can ask without raising any eyebrows. The average ring size available for women ranges from size 3 to size 9. The most commonly purchased women's rings range between size 5 and size 7. Size 6 is the most popular. The average ring size available for men ranges from size 6 to size 13. The most commonly purchased men's rings range between size 8 to 10-½. Size 9 is the most popular. These standard ring sizes can help guide you in the right direction. If you do not see the size you need, contact our experts for help placing a special order. There are also a number of at-home methods to find your ring size.
Measure Your Ring Size With These Steps:
1. Wrap string or paper around the base of your finger.
2. Mark the point where the ends meet with a pen.
3. Measure the string or paper with a ruler (mm) then divide by 3.14 (or Pi) to get the diameter of the ring.
4. Pick the closest measurement on the ring size chart to find your ring size.
More Ring Sizing Tips
1. Measure the inside of another ring that fits using a tape measure and our printable ring sizer.
2. The ring should fit your finger comfortably: snug enough so it won't fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle with relative ease.
3. When the knuckle is bigger than the base of the finger, measure both places and pick a size in between the two.
4. Measure your ring size at the end of the day when your fingers are warm. Finger size changes depending on the time of day and the weather, and your fingers are actually smaller in the early morning and in cold weather. Also, keep in mind that fingers on your dominant hand are usually larger.
5. Measure 3 to 4 times for more accuracy.
What Happens When My Ring Is Resized?
To make sure you get the best possible fit, the ring resizing process requires adding or removing small amounts of metal depending on the difference between the size purchased and the new size requested. As a result, your ring may be slightly thicker or thinner after resizing. These tiny changes are often visually imperceptible.
The expert jewelry makers at Blue Nile adhere to strict quality standards so your resized ring both sparkles, and fits, beautifully. After the band is resized, each ring gets cleaned and polished before being returned to you.
What If I Order The Wrong Ring Size?
Don't let the question of size stress you out. Blue Nile provides complimentary resizing for most engagement rings and wedding bands within the manufacturer's recommended sizing range, during the first year. If you need a different ring, we offer a 30-day exchange policy for your convenience.
Rings That Can't Be Resized
Some of our ring styles cannot be resized due to their design. In these cases, an icon will appear on the product detail page under the ring size selection.
For example, diamond and gemstone eternity rings with a specific number of gemstones per finger size, milgrain or ornate bands, silver rings, or rings with alternative metals such as Tungsten cannot be resized.
We are happy to exchange your ring for another ring in the correct size within 30 days of purchase. It is important to note that should you opt for an exchange, your new ring may contain fewer or more gemstones, diamonds, or a reduction or increase in precious metal weight, which may cause an increase or decrease in the price.