Birthstones & Their Meanings
What Does Your Birthstone Say About You?
What is My Birthstone?
Shop Popular Birthstone Jewelry
- Aquamarine and Diamond Pendant
- Oval Sapphire and Diamond Halo Split Shank Ring
- Aquamarine Rope Stud Earrings
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Drop Earrings
- Vintage-Inspired Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Halo Pendant
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Pendant
- Blue Topaz Heart Pendant
- White Topaz Rope Stud Earrings
Birthstones are gemstones that signify one of the 12 birth months. They include stones of all different colors and types.
Birthstones are historically tied to biblical symbolism, zodiac signs and celestial bodies. Many religions throughout the world tie special meanings to birthstones, believing that specific stones bring harmony to the wearer. Today, birthstones are loved by people of all ages and cultures for their beauty and symbolism. In 1912, the National Association of Jewelers released an official list of birthstones by month. They kept customs, symbolism and accessibility in mind when designing the official birthstone list. The list has been updated over the years and is still recognized as the standard birthstone chart.
Each birthstone brings different meanings and unique symbolism. Explore your month’s birthstone to find out more about its special meaning.
With 12 different months represented by birthstones, there are a variety of stone types including both precious and semi-precious stones.
Explore Education by Category
- Amethyst Engagement RingsAquamarine Engagement RingsEmerald Engagement RingsMoonstone Engagement RingsMorganite Engagement RingsOpal Engagement RingsPink Sapphire Engagement RingsRuby Engagement RingsSapphire Engagement RingsTanzanite Engagement RingsTopaz Engagement RingsAll Gemstone Engagement Ring Guides