Top Questions and Answers About Necklaces
Combining different necklaces together can create an on-trend, modern look. We suggest wearing coordinating metals, but playing with proportions using varying chain lengths and styles.
There are a number of ways to store and display your necklaces. Depending on the metal type and gemstones in your necklace, jewellery stands, boxes, chests and dishes are some good options for storage.
Diamonds should always be stored in a padded box or cloth to avoid scratching. Proper storage will ensure that your necklaces retain their value and sparkle.
A great way to keep necklaces from tangling when not in use is to store them on a jewellery stand or in individual pouches.
When wearing multiple necklaces at once, try using a necklace spacer or linking the necklaces together to avoid tangling on your neck. Wearing chains of different lengths and materials will help keep your necklaces from getting tangled.
There are several ways to get knots out of a necklace. For thinner knotted chains, lay the necklace on a flat surface in a well-lit area. Then, use two needles, pins or even the pointy end of earring posts to begin separating the knot. It may take a few tries, but this is a popular way to get a necklace unknotted.
You can also untangle your necklaces using a lubricating oil. Start by laying your necklace down on a clean, flat surface and then spread the chain out so you can clearly see the knots. Add the lubricant (such as baby oil) to the knot and use a needle to gently open and loosen the knot.
- Most necklaces are anywhere between 16 and 35 inches long. The most popular lengths are between 18 and 19 inches.
- Shorter necklaces, such as those between 16 and 17 inches are considered chokers.
- There are many chain types available for men’s and women’s necklaces. Cable chains are the most popular type, offering the perfect support for pendants.
- Personalised necklaces are some of the most popular options! They include simple necklaces, such as engraved bars, or more ornate and dainty diamond necklaces. Customized lockets are also making a style comeback.
- This classic jewellery staple comes in precious metals such as platinum, silver, rose gold, white gold and yellow gold.
- While many people choose standalone chains or plain metal pendants, there are also many gemstones that you can find in a necklace. Choose from popular gemstones such as aquamarine, diamonds, opal, pearls, rubies and morganite.
- Men’s necklaces are similar to necklaces for women in design. Typically, men’s necklaces will feature thicker chains and larger pendants.
- A highly personal and symbolic piece of jewellery, a necklace makes the perfect gift. Treat yourself to a necklace or purchase the perfect silver, gold or platinum piece for a friend, family member or loved one.
- A statement necklace is an attention-grabbing piece of jewellery that’s worn around the neck, typically without other necklaces. Some common statement necklace designs include pieces with thicker chains or larger pendants. When worn in a stack, a statement necklace will be the focal point.
- Pendants are pieces that are attached to a chain and worn as one complete necklace. Pendants can be virtually any design and often feature plain metal looks. They can also include gemstones such as diamonds.