If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our diamond and jewellery experts at email@example.com or 1-888-565-7609. If you'd like an immediate answer, you might be able to find the information you're looking for below.
Terms & Conditions
- Product Availability
- Payment Information
- Special Orders
- Payment Methods
- Policy on Debit Cards
- Shipments Are Insured
- Shipping to Alternate Addresses
- Diamond Reports
- Laser Inscriptions
- Sales and Price Reductions
- Return Policy
- Information on our Web Site
- The Blue Nile Policy on Conflict Diamonds
- Legal Notices
- Standard Company Policies
- Product Reviews and User Content
On occasion, you may be able to place a product in your shopping cart and submit your order for processing, but your order is subsequently cancelled due to unavailability of product. You acknowledge that products may sell quickly and there may be a short period of time after an order has been submitted, but where the product is no longer available. You agree that we may cancel your order after you have received an Order Confirmation without penalty.
On very rare occasions, you may receive a Shipping Confirmation from us, but the product is no longer available in our or our third party fulfilment provider's inventory. You agree that we may rescind our acceptance and cancel your order without penalty if we are unable to ship the product you ordered due to unavailability.
If you're interested in a piece of jewellery that is currently on back order, call us and we can tell you when the item will be back in stock. Sometimes with the volume of orders we receive, an item may go out of stock before we are able to post a notification on the Site. If this happens, we will contact you directly to discuss possible options.
Data, including prices, may be inaccurately displayed on our Site due to system or typographical errors. While we make every attempt to avoid these errors, they may occur. We reserve the right to correct any and all errors when they do occur, and we do not honour inaccurate or erroneous prices. If a product's listed price is lower than its actual price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping the product or cancel the order and notify you of such cancellation. If the order has been shipped, you agree to either return the product or pay the difference between the actual and charged prices. Our prices are also subject to change without notice. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our diamond and jewellery experts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-565-7609.
We do not negotiate prices on our products and all our prices are final.
After you have selected your jewellery and provided shipping information, you will see a prompt for your payment details, such as your credit card information and any promotional codes or gift cards you may have. By entering your payment information and submitting your order, you authorise us and our third party payment processors to charge the amount of the order to your selected payment method.
All our charges are in Canadian dollars (C$). For your convenience, we offer several methods of payment. Your bank or credit card company will process all charges in Canadian funds, as required by Blue Nile.
- Use your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card issued through any US or Canadian bank.
- Arrange a payment through your bank and receive a 1.5% discount. Bank wire payments are accepted on orders of C$0 or more. (Please note that both the issuing and receiving banks will charge fees that must be included in the wire amount.)
A debit card is treated differently than a credit card by your bank. A debit card is much like a credit card in that it may display a credit card company logo, like Visa or MasterCard, but a charge to your debit card uses funds directly from your bank account. The biggest difference is that your bank may institute a daily charge limit on your debit card. If the price of your order exceeds a daily limit set on your debit card we will notify you, as this will prohibit us from processing your order.
As an alternative, you can:
- Continue your order via wire transfer and receive a 1.5% discount. A wire transfer is a simple process of contacting your bank to have funds moved from your bank to ours and is available for orders of C$0 or more. It works on the same principle as your debit card, but requires some direct communication with your bank to allow for a larger transaction. We'll send you the easy instructions. It may require a few days for your bank to transfer your funds.
- Continue your order using a credit card. If you order before noon, your order will begin processing today.
- Contact your bank and request a one-time waiver of the daily charge limit.
We fully insure each order all the way to you. That means that when your order is in transit to you, shipment is always risk-free. For added security, it is our policy that a signature is required for all Blue Nile orders, regardless of any signature waivers you may have with the carrier.
If you prefer, we can ship your order to an address other than your billing address. As a security precaution, we require that your alternate shipping address be on file with your credit card company. This step helps protect you from fraudulent charges to your credit card. If you would like to arrange delivery to a shipping carrier location call one of our customer service agents at 1-888-565-7609.
We ship all our loose diamonds and Build Your Own Diamond Jewellery with the accompanying diamond grading report. These grading reports are lengthy, detailed documents created by diamond grading experts from highly-respected diamond laboratories. If you do not include the diamond grading report with your return, you will be charged a replacement fee of USD $150 (or equivalent in CAD). The process of replacing these reports is an expensive one as the reports cannot simply be reprinted—the diamond must be completely re-graded by the lab and a new report issued.
Our commitment to you does not end at delivery. Items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days from when they were shipped, free-of-charge and no questions asked. Just call a Diamond & Jewellery Consultant at 1-888-565-7609, and they will give you detailed instructions. Taxes are refundable if your item is returned through the proper channels. Please note: Two complimentary returns are allowed per customer, per year.
At Blue Nile, we make every attempt to ensure that our online catalogue is as accurate and complete as possible. In order to give you the opportunity to view our products in great detail, some products may appear larger or smaller than their actual size in our photographs; and since every computer monitor is set differently, colour and size may vary slightly.
Our objective is to provide you with as much information and detail about your prospective purchase as possible so that you can see the beauty and shape of a particular item. In compliance with industry standards and FTC regulations, Blue Nile states that carat total weight in all purchases may vary 0.05 carats from stated weight.
On the Blue Nile Web site, we display the dimensions of our products based on the information received from our manufacturers. For any convex or rounded jewellery item, the width and length stated in the product description is taken by the manufacturer, prior to the rounding of the metal in the manufacturing process, which may lead to a discrepancy in any measurements taken after this process.
Also, for each item containing multiple diamonds, we list the average grade and measurement for colour, clarity, and carat weight. These averages are calculated by adding all grades or measurements that comprise the inventory with regard to that particular piece of merchandise, and determining the closest mean.
At Blue Nile, we only purchase diamonds through the largest and most respected suppliers who, like us, proudly adhere to and enforce the standards established by the Kimberley Process, an international system that polices the trade of diamonds to ensure they are from sources free of conflict. about Blue Nile's policy on conflict diamonds and the steps we take to ensure our diamonds are from conflict free sources.
Under no circumstances shall Blue Nile be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict product liability or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our diamond and jewellery experts at email@example.com or 1-888-565-7609.
You acknowledge and agree that any materials, including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information, regarding this site, Blue Nile, or our products or services that are provided by you to Blue Nile are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Blue Nile. Blue Nile will own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these materials for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you. You grant Blue Nile and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the content that you submit, or that you otherwise have the right to submit such content to this site; (b) the content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the content you supply will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.
Our Site includes a product review feature, and includes or may include in the future discussion forums, user generated content, or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post, or store any content, messages, materials or other items on our Site ('Interactive Areas'). You are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through our Site any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, video, graphics, code or other material ('User Content') that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- User Content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law, including, without limitation, the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or any rules of a securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ;
- User Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Content;
- User Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; and
- User Content that, in the sole judgment of Blue Nile, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or our Site, or which may expose Blue Nile or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
If you post User Content to our Site, unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Blue Nile and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. You grant Blue Nile and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that (a) you own and control all of the rights to the User Content that you post or you otherwise have the right to post such User Content to our Site; (b) the User Content is accurate and not misleading; and (c) use and posting of the User Content you supply does not violate these Terms and Conditions and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity.