Shop Pearl Jewellery by Style
Top Questions and Answers About Pearl Jewellery
Pearls are among the softest gemstones, ranking at just a 2.5 on the Mohs hardness scale. They are also quite sensitive to chemicals. However, you can certainly wear them every day as long as you take some easy precautions like putting your pearls on last, to protect them from cosmetics and body care products, and taking them off first. Pearl earrings and pearl pendant necklaces are a particularly good choice for everyday wear as they don't experience much wear and tear.
Real pearls are formed by natural processes inside a living oyster, which results in variations in the lustre, colour and size of each pearl. The surface of a real pearl also won't be perfectly even. Fake pearls, on the other hand, are typically made of glass or plastic, giving them a smoother and more uniform appearance. Buying from a trusted retailer, like us, will ensure that your pearl jewellery is as authentic as it is beautiful.
There are four different types of cultured pearls available for fine jewellery pieces: Akoya, freshwater, South Sea and Tahitian. Akoya cultured pearl jewellery has a gorgeous white colour and high lustre, giving it a classic look. Freshwater cultured pearl jewellery is a popular alternative as it has a similar appearance at a less expensive price, while South Sea cultured pearl jewellery is known for pearls of exceptional size and luminous white colour. Tahitian cultured pearl jewellery is distinguished by its darker and more modern hues of green, black, blue and purple.
To keep your pearls looking perfect, it's important to clean them regularly. Try to wipe your pearls down with a soft cloth after every wear to maintain their lustre. Combine this with semi-regular cleaning using a gentle jewellery cleaner and your pearl jewellery will stay as beautiful as the day you bought it.
Touch is the quickest and easiest way to tell if a pearl is genuine. When you feel a genuine pearl, it should be cool to the touch and warm up when worn. Costume jewellery pearls typically feel warm and can even have a sticky texture.
Natural pearls form in different shapes and sizes, while costume jewellery pearls look very uniform. Genuine pearls also reflect light, unlike their imitation counterparts.
Purchasing your pearls from a trusted retailer, like us, will ensure your jewellery is as authentic as it is beautiful.
Pearls range in cost based on their size and the variety of pearl.
Freshwater Pearls are our most affordable variety, starting at HK$ 480 for a stud earring set.
Our South Sea pearls are our most luxurious option, with a pair of studs starting at HK$ 9,750.
Pearl jewellery has been at the forefront of stylish jewellery trends for centuries, dating back to ancient Greek and Byzantine cultures. More recently, pearl jewellery such as pearl necklaces saw a popularity boom in the 1950s and 60s and following the release of Audrey Hepburn’s famous movie. That energy has continued today, with everyone from politicians to baseball players sporting pearls.
Whether you’re wearing earrings, bracelets, rings or necklaces featuring this popular gem, you’re sure to be at the height of style when you’re wearing pearl jewellery. Pearls add a touch of sophistication to any look!
- The lustrous June birthstone often symbolizes purity, humility, modesty and trust. They can also symbolize wisdom and are believed to bring positive energy to their wearer.
- Yes, pearl jewellery is a wonderful gift for any occasion. Consider gifting pearls to the new mom of a June baby in your life. Pearls can also be given as gifts for graduations, anniversaries and any other occasion.
- When it comes to pearl jewels, the only imperative rules are ones regarding the protection of the gemstone. Follow the last on, first off rule when wearing pearl jewellery. This means putting on your pearls last and taking them off first when you’re done with the day. Following this rule will protect your pearls from getting damaged by beauty products.
- Yes, anyone can wear pearl jewelry! We offer men’s and women’s pearls for sale in all types of pieces fit for any style.
- Strand pearls for sale are often set along silk, while most other types of jewellery featuring pearls includes precious metals. We offer pearl jewellery in silver, white gold, yellow gold and rose gold.