Our commitment to you does not end at delivery. Items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days from when they are received, no questions asked.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Your complete satisfaction with our product is guaranteed or items may be returned or exchanged within thirty days from when it was shipped, with a Return Merchandise Authorisation. You will only pay for return shipping and insurance fees. To receive a return authorisation on orders shipped within the United States follow the steps outlined below.
Please note that to be eligible for return, items must be in their original purchase condition, include all product documentation, and shipped within 30 days.
To expedite an exchange for a different product, we recommend returning the original item for a refund and placing a new order. Please allow two weeks for your refund to be processed.
If a package or item delivered to you arrives damaged, please refuse the shipment or call us immediately at 400-920-8555. Please retain all packing materials unless instructed otherwise by Blue Nile. Claims for damaged or missing items must be reported immediately or within 5 days of receipt of your order. Blue Nile will not be responsible for lost or damaged returned shipments.
Single Jewelry Items:
Please call a Blue Nile Diamond and Jewelry Consultant at 400-920-8555, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for exchange, repair, resize, or to report damage or defect. These cannot be set up online and require assistance. We recommend that you securely package your items in original packing materials, fully insured. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Returns are processed during weekdays once the items have been received at our Fulfilment Centre. Following receipt of your returned item, you'll receive a confirmation email. Please allow an average of 1-2 weeks for full processing. Our Quality Assurance department will review the returned item. Items that show signs of wear or have been altered, resized (by a jeweler other than Blue Nile), or damaged cannot be accepted for return. Please allow another 7 - 10 days after processing for your bank to post credit against your account.
- Engraved jewelry items other than rings may not be returned. For customers in the EU, engraved rings may not be returned. For customers located outside the EU, all Blue Nile engraved rings may be returned for credit, however, engraving fees are non-refundable. Removal of Blue Nile engraving from any exchanged or resized ring is free, with no additional engraving fee.
- Diamonds purchased as part of our Blue Nile Diamond Upgrade Program may not be returned for credit, but can be exchanged within 30 days.
- Special orders are final sale and are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Returns without a Blue Nile Return Merchandise Authorization will be refused upon receipt. Returns with missing paperwork or product will not be processed.
- Diamond and gemstone eternity rings with a specific number of gemstones per finger size; milgrain or ornate bands; some silver rings; or rings with alternative metals such as Tungsten cannot be resized, so please take care to order the correct ring size at time of purchase. For assistance determining the proper ring size, please contact customer service or use our online ring sizer tool.
Additional shipping charges may be incurred if packages are returned via alternate carriers (including, but not limited to Canada Post). Blue Nile reserves the right to charge your credit card for any fees we incur at time of package receipt. To avoid additional charges, we recommend sending your return via our preferred Parcel Pro insured FedEx or UPS carrier.
For orders shipping to China, the 30 day period begins on the date you receive your order.
To return a diamond or jewelry item to Blue Nile, follow the below process:
- For all returns call 400-920-8555 and you will be given a Return Authorization Code. For all returns, write this code on the return sticker found at the bottom of your original invoice. Place the sticker on the outside of the box you are returning.
- Package Your Return. We recommend you use the original shipping box, including all original packaging and collateral material. If your item was delivered with a diamond certificate and that certificate is not returned, you will be liable for the US$150 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) replacement cost. For security reasons, do not write Blue Nile anywhere on the outside of the box.
Insure Your Package. We recommend that you securely package your items in original packing materials, fully insured. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles. For your convenience and at your discretion, insurance can be purchased through Parcel Pro at a discounted rate. Insurance can be purchased directly from Parcel Pro via an online application should you select this option: parcelpro.com/bluenile.
Shipping charges, including Special Handling and any other related costs, are non-refundable. Please do not ship returns C.O.D. If you receive any portion of your order damaged, please contact us prior to returning the items. Blue Nile will not reimburse you for unauthorized shipping expenses incurred. Please retain all shipping materials for FedEx pick up and/or inspection.
If we request that you return the merchandise to us, we may reimburse you for full or partial return shipping expenses our discretion. We will not reimburse you for overnight, express or other special services used at your discretion.
Returns are processed weekdays and typically entered into our system within 24 business hours of receipt. Once entered into our system you will receive a confirmation email alerting you that your return has been passed along to our Quality Assurance department. Please allow five to 15 business days for this process to complete.
If you are expecting a refund, credit will be submitted to your bank within three business days. It may take your bank up to 10 business days to post the funds to your account. Bank wire refunds typically take seven to 10 business days after the return has been processed. Orders paid for through PayPal will be credited back to your PayPal account within two weeks.
Please note that after a significant holiday, heavier return volumes can double the normal return processing times.
If you are expecting a return shipment, you will receive an email once the outbound shipment date has been set. You will also receive a shipping confirmation email the day of the outbound shipment.
Credit card purchases and Blue Nile Credit Card purchases will be refunded against the credit card or account used on the original purchase. Please allow up to 2 weeks from the date that Blue Nile has received your return for your account to be credited. You may wish to contact your credit card company on posting guidelines as they can vary. If you made a purchase of US$1000 or greater using a bank wire, and are an International customer, your refund will take approximately 3 weeks from the date of the return's receipt. For bank wire purchases under US$1000, please allow 3-4 weeks. Bank wire refunds are posted against the original account they originated from.
If you would like to change or cancel an order please call a Blue Nile Diamond and Jewelry Consultant at 400-920-8555. We will attempt to accommodate order changes to the extent possible prior to shipping confirmation. Some changes will result in a shipping delay. We are unable to accommodate changes or cancellations on special order requests and/or orders that have already shipped. If your order has already shipped, please contact us to set up a merchandise return once you have received the shipment.