Zodiac Gemstones: What Gemstones Say About You
Gemstones have long been tied to the zodiac, with their beautiful colours and alluring qualities representing the 12 different astrological signs. Zodiac gemstones differ from birthstones and correspond to your zodiac sign rather than your birth month. Each sign has more than one gemstone associated with it, giving you multiple stunning options for jewellery that vibes with your astrological personality.
Find Your Zodiac Gemstones
Each sign has more than one gemstone associated with it, giving you multiple stunning options for jewellery that vibes with your astrological personality.
(March 21 – April 19)
The first sign of the zodiac, Aries, is a natural leader. This fire sign is ruled by Mars and known for being courageous and bold, though sometimes also impulsive and reckless. Aries is most compatible with Leo and Sagittarius.
BloodstoneThe bold and deeply coloured bloodstone makes a fantastic complement to the fiery Aries. It’s an energetic stone used to enhance passion, strength and creativity.
DiamondAries is also associated with the enduring diamond, which promotes clear thinking and reduces impulsivity.
(April 20 – May 20)
Taurus is a down-to-earth sign ruled by the planet Venus. Taureans can be stubborn, but they are also patient, dependable, practical and loyal. The most compatible matches for this sign are Capricorns and Virgos
SapphireSapphire brings out the Taurus' inner romantic. It’s an enchanting, deep blue gemstone that has been favored by royalty for centuries and symbolizes love and wisdom.
Rose QuartzRose quartz is a striking alternative gemstone for Taurus. It’s known to relieve stress and bring positive energy.
Shop Enchanting Sapphire Jewellery for Taurus
- Riviera Pave Sapphire and Diamond Ring
- Sapphire and Diamond Graduated Curve Bracelet
- Riviera Pavé Sapphire Eternity Ring
- Riviera Pave Sapphire and Diamond Ring
- Riviera Pave Sapphire and Diamond Eternity Ring
- Petite Sapphire Stacking Diamond Ring
- Deep Blue Sapphire Eternity Wedding Ring
- Pavé Pink Sapphire and Diamond Ring
(May 21 – June 20)
Geminis are charming, witty and always up for a chat, though they can be fickle and are known to enjoy gossip. This air sign is ruled by the planet Mercury and is most compatible with Libra and Aquarius.
AgateGemini's main gemstone, agate, encourages calm and stability. It’s a visually intriguing, multicolor stone that helps balance energy and emotions while guarding against negativity.
PearlThe shimmer of a pearl gives Geminis a sense of peace and stability while promoting personal integrity.
Browse Peace-Loving Pearl Jewellery for Gemini
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Bolo Bracelet
- Vintage-Inspired Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Earrings
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Twisted Teardrop Pendant
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Drop Earrings
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Hexagon Halo Pendant
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Halo Earrings
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Hoop Earrings
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Pendant
(June 21 – July 22)
Cancer is a water sign ruled by the moon. Those born under this sign experience strong emotions and are protective, nurturing and empathetic. With deep emotion comes sensitivity and mood swings that a Scorpio or Pisces will understand best.
EmeraldThe vibrant green emerald is a popular alternative Cancer gemstone, known for its ability to evoke peace and balance.
MoonstoneA fitting gemstone for this star sign, moonstone is associated with love and intuition. The glowing and reflective surface of this mesmerizing gem also aids in self-reflection.
Shop Verdant Emerald Jewellery for Cancer
- Oval Emerald and Diamond Sunburst Halo Ring 14k
- Emerald and Diamond Graduated Curve Bracelet
- Emerald Cut Emerald and Diamond Halo Pendant
- Pear Emerald Stud Earrings
- Emerald & Diamond 5-Gemstone Ring 14K White Gold
- Petite Emerald and Diamond Bar Bracelet
- Emerald and Micropavé Diamond Stud Earrings
- Pear Emerald Diamond Halo Pendant
(July 23 – August 22)
Leo is an enthusiastic and outgoing fire sign ruled by the sun. Leos are warm, loyal and sincere, though they are also prone to pride and arrogance. The other fire signs, Aries and Sagittarius, are compatible with Leos.
OnyxOnyx is a great gemstone to help keep Leos disciplined and focused on their goals. Traditionally, this powerful black gemstone has also been used for protection.
CitrineCitrine is a bright, cheerful yellow gemstone that Leos use to improve their energy and stay grounded.
Shop Confident Black Onyx Jewellery for Leo
(August 23 – September 22)
Virgos are the perfectionists among the star signs. They tend to be judgmental but are also practical, modest and always ready to help. This sign is ruled by Mercury, associated with earth and is most compatible with Taurus and Capricorn.
CitrineCitrine with its sunny glow helps Virgos soothe their the feelings of inadequacy common in perfectionists, boosting confidence and self-esteem.
JasperJasper comes in a wide range of colours. This gemstone provides security and stability when meeting new challenges.
Shop Energizing Citrine Jewellery for Virgo
(September 23 – October 22)
Libra is one of the air signs and is ruled by the planet Venus. Libras are sociable and have excellent people skills, but they are also known for holding grudges. The ideal match for this gregarious sign is Gemini or Aquarius.
PeridotLibras love peridot for its association with happiness, health, wealth and fortune. This sparkling green gemstone also promotes greater understanding with others.
TourmalineTourmaline is a gemstone of remarkable colour variety that, like peridot, helps with reconciliation and healing relationships.
(October 23 – November 22)
Scorpio is a water sign and the only sign with two ruling planets—Mars and Pluto. Scorpios are passionate, intense and in tune with their intuition but can struggle with jealousy. Cancer and Pisces are the best matches for this emotional sign.
BerylScorpios benefit from keeping beryl close by to promote tolerance, joy and stability. Emerald, aquamarine and morganite are all different colours of beryl, providing a variety of choices.
CoralVivid red coral is another well-suited gemstone for Scorpios. This gemstone encourages courage, wisdom and personal growth.
Shop Blushing Morganite Jewellery for Scorpio
- Morganite Stud Earrings
- Pear Shaped Morganite
- NEW Pear Shaped Moragnite and Diamond Double Halo Pendant
- NEW Cushion Cut Morganite and Diamond Earrings
- Petite Micropavé Hidden Halo Engagement Ring
- Round Morganite Stud Pendant
- Classic Halo Diamond Engagement Ring
- Cushion-Cut Morganite Diamond Halo Cocktail Ring
(November 23 – December 21)
Ruled by the planet Jupiter, Sagittarius is a fire sign that seeks excitement and adventure. Those born under this sign are brave and optimistic but also careless. Sagittarius is most compatible with fellow fierce fire signs Aries and Leo.
TopazSagittarius finds a compatible gemstone in topaz, an ancient symbol of strength and power. Signature, soothing blue topaz varieties also have a calming effect on emotions.
TurquoiseFeaturing a deep blue hue, turquoise offers protection for journeys while encouraging a cooler head.
Shop Lush Blue Topaz Jewellery for Sagittarius
- London Blue Topaz Rope Pendant
- London Blue Topaz Cushion Earrings
- London Blue Topaz Round Rope Bracelet
- Cushion-Cut London Blue Topaz Diamond Halo Cocktail Ring
- London Blue Topaz Elegant Halo Pendant
- London Blue Topaz Rope Stud Earrings
- London Blue Topaz Halo Drop Earrings
- Cushion Cut London Blue Topaz and Diamond Accent Earrings
(December 22 – January 19)
The third earth sign, Capricorn, is ruled by Saturn. Capricorns are practical, reliable and ambitious but sometimes too stubborn and set in their ways. They find the greatest understanding in Virgos and Taureans.
RubyThe powerful red ruby is a wonderful companion for the hardworking Capricorn, restoring their strength and vitality. It also instills confidence and courage.
Lapis LazuliLapis lazuli is a deep and saturated blue gemstone that bolsters ambition with wisdom and good judgment.
Shop Ruby Red Jewellery for Capricorn
- Oval Ruby and Diamond Sunburst Halo Ring
- Alternating Ruby and Diamond Vertical Bar Pendant
- Pear-Shaped Ruby Stud Earrings
- Ruby and Diamond Graduated Curve Bracelet
- Bezel-Set Pear-Shaped Ruby and Diamond Stacking Ring
- Riviera Pave Ruby and Diamond Ring
- Riviera Pavé Ruby Eternity Ring
- Ruby and Diamond Five-Stone Ring
(January 20 – February 18)
Ruled by Uranus, Aquarius is the final of the three air signs. People with this star sign are independent, tolerant and open-minded, but they also have a short temper. Aquarius is most compatible with Gemini and Libra.
GarnetGarnet is a stabilizing gemstone that grounds the wandering Aquarius in love, compassion and loyalty. It comes in many colour varieties, meeting the sign's need for personal expression.
OpalAlso available in a range of eye-catching colours, opal represents the Aquarian quest for truth and purity.
Shop Rich Garnet Jewellery for Aquarius
(February 19 – March 20)
Pisces is a water sign fittingly ruled by the watery blue planet Neptune. It’s a sensitive star sign that produces imaginative dreamers who are prone to overthinking and overreaction. Pisceans are most compatible with Scorpios and Cancers.
AmethystAmethyst brings balance to the Piscean's strong emotions, restoring peace and harmony. Its calming purple tones enhance intuition and assist with difficult decisions.
AquamarineAvailable in serene shades of blue, aquamarine encourages the creative Pisces soul to express themselves.
Learn More About Gemstone Meanings
Whether your star sign leads you or you follow your own style, a beautiful piece of gemstone jewellery is a treasure that will speak to your heart for years to come.
Explore Education by Category
- Amethyst Engagement RingsAquamarine Engagement RingsEmerald Engagement RingsMoonstone Engagement RingsMorganite Engagement RingsOpal Engagement RingsPink Sapphire Engagement RingsRuby Engagement RingsSapphire Engagement RingsTanzanite Engagement RingsTopaz Engagement RingsAll Gemstone Engagement Ring Guides
Only at Blue Nile
When it comes to celebrations we strive to make your experience as brilliant as our jewellery with the perfect pieces for every occasion.
Visit a Showroom
Meet our personal jewellers, explore bestselling styles, pick up an online order, arrange to preview something from our online collection and so much more.
Schedule an Appointment
Book a fun and interactive appointment with a diamond expert and get up-close views of diamond and jewellery options from the comfort of your own home.
The highest-quality design at a great price.
Peace of Mind
30-day returns, diamond price-match guarantee and more.
The original online jeweller since 1999.
The perfect pieces for every occasion.