The Eternal Stone
- What is April's Birthstone?
- Diamond's Birthstone History
- An Emblem of Love and Commitment
- Ancient Diamond Uses
- Diamond's April Gemstone Connections
- Diamond Birthstone Symbolism
- April Gemstone's Color Meaning
- How to Wear April's Gemstone
- Buying an April Birthstone
- Shop Popular Diamond Jewelry
- Gifting Inspiration for the April Birthstone
- Keep Your Diamond Jewelry Looking Beautiful for a Lifetime
What is April’s Birthstone?
Diamond's Birthstone History
An Emblem of Love and Commitment
Ancient Diamond Uses
April’s gemstone has been valued for centuries, with Romans in the first century AD honoring this stone’s precious qualities. Since its initial discovery, the diamond has been revered for its beautiful and unbreakable jewelry qualities. Initially, diamonds were worn by royalty as a symbol of power and status.
In the Middle Ages, diamonds were believed to have healing powers. 13th-century writings suggested that wearing diamonds, specifically on the left side of one’s body, could provide protection from madness and venom.
As more diamond deposits were discovered globally over the centuries, these stones became more accessible though they’re still as valued as ever. Today, diamonds are worn by royalty and everyday people who value the gem’s beauty. Diamonds can also be worn as the birthstone for April.
Diamond’s April Gemstone Connections
Diamond Birthstone Symbolism
April Gemstone’s Color Meaning
How to Wear April’s Gemstone
Gifting Inspiration for the April Birthstone
An Exquisite Engagement Ring
A Meaningful Birthday Gift
Gifts for Mom
Commemorating a Special Occasion
Keep Your Diamond Jewelry Looking Beautiful for a Lifetime
- The unsurpassed hardness and durability of diamonds make them suitable for everyday wear, whether as a ring or bracelet.
- When you’re not wearing it, keep your diamond jewelry in a felt-lined jewelry box.
- Diamond birthstone jewelry should be regularly cleaned with warm water, mild soap and a soft brush to help retain its glamorous glitter.
- We also offer free cleaning and repair services to keep your beloved pieces in excellent shape over time.
Buying an April Birthstone
Learn More About Gemstones
Explore Education by Category
- Amethyst Engagement RingsAquamarine Engagement RingsEmerald Engagement RingsMoonstone Engagement RingsMorganite Engagement RingsOpal Engagement RingsPink Sapphire Engagement RingsRuby Engagement RingsSapphire Engagement RingsTanzanite Engagement RingsTopaz Engagement RingsAll Gemstone Engagement Ring Guides