Our commitment to you does not end at delivery. Items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days from when they were shipped, no questions asked.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
To ensure your recipients will love your gifts, orders dispatched from Blue Nile starting November 15, 2022 are eligible for an extended Christmas return policy and can be returned to Blue Nile through January 15, 2022. Our normal 30-day return policy will resume December 15, 2022.
We accept returns for refund or exchange within 30 days of shipment from our facility. You will only pay for return shipping and insurance fees. A Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number is required for all returns. You may request an RMA by following the steps outlined below.
Please note that to be eligible for return, items must be in their original purchase condition, including all product documentation, and shipped back to us within 30 days.
To expedite an exchange for a different product, we recommend returning the original item for a refund and placing a new order. Please allow two weeks for your refund to be processed.
If a package or item delivered to you arrives damaged, please refuse the shipment or call us immediately at 00800-2583-6453. Please retain all packing materials unless instructed otherwise by Blue Nile. Claims for damaged or missing items must be reported immediately or within five days of receipt of your order. Blue Nile is not responsible for lost or damaged returned shipments.
- Engraved jewellery items other than rings may not be returned. All Blue Nile engraved rings may be returned for credit, however, engraving fees are non-refundable. Removal of Blue Nile engraving from any exchanged or resized ring is free, with no additional engraving fee.
- Diamonds purchased as part of our Blue Nile Diamond Upgrade Program may not be returned for credit, but can be exchanged within 30 days.
- Special orders are final sale and are not eligible for return or exchange.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Returns without a Blue Nile Return Merchandise Authorisation will be refused upon receipt. Returns with missing paperwork or product will not be processed.
- Diamond and gemstone eternity rings with a specific number of gemstones per finger size; milgrain or ornate bands; some silver rings; or rings with alternative metals such as Tungsten cannot be resized, so please take care to order the correct ring size at time of purchase. For assistance determining the proper ring size, please contact customer service or use our online ring sizer tool.
To return a diamond or jewellery item to Blue Nile, please follow the process below:
- Initiate your return. Call 00800-2583-6453 to speak with a Diamond and Jewellery Consultant. You will receive a Return Merchandise Authorisation Code (RMA) as well as detailed instructions for returning your order.
- Arrange shipping and insurance. For your convenience and at your discretion, we offer an expedited return shipping option at a reduced rate through UPS for £40.00/EUR 40.00 (or equivalent amount in local currency). Insurance coverage can be purchased separately through Parcel Pro at a rate of approximately £6.00/EUR 6.00 per £1,000.00/EUR 1,000.00 item paid value. To take advantage of this option, just mention it when speaking to our Diamond and Jewellery Consultants. Alternatively, should you wish to use your own method of return, please be sure to confirm that your local carrier will insure your jewellery to the value that was paid.
- Package your item(s) securely in the original packing materials. Clearly write your Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number on the outside of the shipping box you are returning. If your return is for refund or exchange, please include any diamond grading reports or appraisal(s). Diamond grading reports and appraisals are not required for repairs and resizes. If your item was delivered with a diamond report and that report is not returned, you will be liable for the £125 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) replacement cost. For security reasons, do not write Blue Nile anywhere on the outside of the box.
Returns are processed weekdays and typically entered into our system within 24 business hours of receipt. Once entered into our system you will receive a confirmation email alerting you that your return has been passed along to our Quality Assurance department. Please allow five to 15 business days for this process to complete.
If you are expecting a refund, credit will be submitted to your bank within three business days. It may take your bank up to 10 business days to post the funds to your account. Bank wire refunds typically take seven to 10 business days after the return has been processed.
Please note that after a significant holiday, heavier return volumes can double the normal return processing times.
If you are expecting a return shipment, you will receive an email once the outbound shipment date has been set. You will also receive a shipping confirmation email the day of the outbound shipment.
If you would like to change or cancel an order please call a Blue Nile Diamond and Jewellery Consultant at 00800-2583-6453. We will attempt to accommodate order changes to the extent possible prior to shipping confirmation. Some changes will result in a shipping delay. We are unable to accommodate changes or cancellations on special order requests and/or orders that have already shipped. Re-routing packages to alternate addresses is not possible once in transit. If you would like your package held for collection, please contact us. If your order has already shipped and you no longer want it, please contact us to set up a merchandise return once you have received the shipment.
Check the status of your returned item on our Return Status page.