Birthstones & Their Meanings
What Does Your Birthstone Say About You?
What is My Birthstone?
Shop Popular Birthstone Jewellery
- Multicolour Gemstone Hoop Earrings
- Petite Peridot Oval Bracelet
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl and White Topaz Halo Pendant
- Mini Diamond Pavé Huggie Hoop Earrings
- Trio Oval Blue Topaz Bracelet
- White Topaz Roped Earrings
- Freshwater Cultured Pearl Tin Cup Bracelet
- Swiss Blue Topaz and White Sapphire Halo Oval Drop Earrings
Birthstones are gemstones that signify one of the 12 birth months. They include stones of all different colours and types.
Birthstones are historically tied to biblical symbolism, zodiac signs and celestial bodies. Many religions throughout the world tie special meanings to birthstones, believing that specific stones bring harmony to the wearer. Today, birthstones are loved by people of all ages and cultures for their beauty and symbolism. In 1912, the National Association of Jewellers released an official list of birthstones by month. They kept customs, symbolism and accessibility in mind when designing the official birthstone list. The list has been updated over the years and is still recognized as the standard birthstone chart.
Each birthstone brings different meanings and unique symbolism. Explore your month’s birthstone to find out more about its special meaning.
With 12 different months represented by birthstones, there are a variety of stone types including both precious and semi-precious stones.
Explore Education by Category
- Amethyst Engagement RingsAquamarine Engagement RingsEmerald Engagement RingsMoonstone Engagement RingsMorganite Engagement RingsOpal Engagement RingsPink Sapphire Engagement RingsRuby Engagement RingsSapphire Engagement RingsTanzanite Engagement RingsTopaz Engagement RingsAll Gemstone Engagement Ring Guides