For timepieces purchased in the United States, from CITIZEN Authorized Dealers in the United States, we offer a 5 Year Limited Warranty. Citizen Watch Company warrants their watches to be free of defects in material and workmanship and to meet the timekeeping accuracy specification in the instructions for a period of five years from the date of purchase.
If your Citizen watch exhibits a defect through normal use, Citizen, will at its option, either regulate, adjust, repair or replace the movement, as necessary within a reasonable time after the watch is returned during the warranty period, A) if in person, to the nearest United States Service Center (listed on pages 18–19 in the warranty booklet) or, B) by insured mail or other insured carrier to the US Service Headquarters in Torrance.
When submitting your timepiece for warranty consideration, be sure to include the completed warranty coupon found in the back of your warranty booklet with your repair. Please note, blank or incomplete warranty coupons cannot be accepted as documentation of your purchase.
The retailer from whom your watch was purchased may have completed the information for you. If not, it will be necessary for you to complete the coupon. The most important areas to be completed are the Case Number, Serial Number and Date Of Purchase.
As a condition to any warranty service obligation, the Warranty Card with all the Case and Serial numbers as well as the date of purchase filled in by the United States Retailer from whom the watch was purchased must accompany the watch when presented for warranty service.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
- Damage, accidental or otherwise, to the watch while in the possession of a consumer not caused by a defect in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by consumer misuse, tampering with or failure to follow the care and special handling provisions in the Instructions.
- Damage to the finish of the case, crystal, bracelet, strap or other appearance parts caused by wear.
- Moisture damage to a watch not marked "water resistant" on the case back.
- Damage caused by the consumer's failure to have the watch serviced at the consumer's expense in accordance with the following schedule of regular maintenance:
- Power cells must be replaced immediately when power is lost.
- Water resistant watches should be tested and resealed every three years or whenever the battery is replaced, whichever comes first.
- Damage caused by repairs or alterations of the watch by anyone other than one of the Worldwide Service centers listed in your warranty booklet.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY ARE LIMITED TO THE FIVE (5) YEAR DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY. COA DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL COA'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE RETAIL VALUE OF THE WATCH FOR BREACH OF ANY WRITTEN OR IMPLIED WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THIS WATCH.
Some states do not allow (a) limitations on the duration of any implied warranty and/or (b) the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and/or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from State to State.
You can find more information about Citizen watches at the Citizen Web site. For repair and warranty information, please call 1-800-321-1023.