BLUE NILE "WIN YOUR WISH LIST" SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND WASHINGTON, DC), THE UNITED KINGDOM AND CANADA, WHO ARE 18 OR OVER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN ALL JURISDICTIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, UNITED KINGDOM AND CANADA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED KINGDOM OR CANADA.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to these Official Rules as well as the decisions of Blue Nile, Inc. ("Sponsor") and Exposure Marketing & Promotions, Inc. ("Administrator").
- SCHEDULE: Sweepstakes starts November 7, 2012 at 9:00:00 a.m. US Pacific Time/5:00:00 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time and ends November 26, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. US Pacific Time/November 27, 2012 at 7:59:59 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time ("Sweepstakes Period").
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Regular Entry.Persons may enter once per each of the following methods for a total of two (2) "Regular Entries."
- Blue Nile Website Wish List.During Sweepstakes Period, access the Blue Nile website at www.bluenile.com or m.bluenile.com and: (a) Create and/or Sign In to your Blue Nile account on the Website; (b) add at least one (1) Blue Nile item to Wish List (collectively, an "Entry").
- "My Blue Nile Wish List" on Pinterest. Create a pin board on Pinterest entitled "My Blue Nile Wish List" with at least three (3) of your favourite items pinned from the Blue Nile website** and then send a link to your "My Blue Nile Wish List" pin board to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and email address along with the link to your "My Blue Nile Wish List" and to include "Blue Nile Wish List" in the subject line of the email. NOTE: only items available on the Blue Nile website that could be selected for inclusion on the www.bluenile.com "Wish List" (as per Rule 2.A.i) may be included on one's "My Blue Nile Wish List" pin board. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY COMMENT OR OTHER CONTENT ON OR IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOUR "MY BLUE NILE WISH LIST" PIN BOARD— LINKS TO PIN BOARDS THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF THIS PROVISION WILL RESULT IN ENTRY NOT BEING AWARDED; AND, VIOLATORS MAY ALSO BE DISQUALIFIED FROM SWEEPSTAKES. **(Sponsor grants entrants a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the images of the items on the Blue Nile website solely for purposes of participation in this Sweepstakes, with the understanding that [a] at all times, as between entrant and Sponsor, Sponsor shall own any and all rights to such images; [b] any other use of such images constitutes an actionable violation of Sponsor's rights and [c] such grant of rights will automatically terminate at the end of the Sweepstakes Period.)
- Bonus Entry. Persons who enter via Blue Nile Website Wish List only (as per Rule 2.A.i.) may receive one (1) bonus entry by using the "Send my Wish List to a friend" feature on the Blue Nile website during the Sweepstakes Period. Follow prompts and provide your email address and the email address of your friend. YOU SHOULD ONLY PROVIDE THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF A PERSON WITH WHOM YOU HAVE A PERSONAL OR PROFESSIONAL RELATIONSHIP WHO HAS GIVEN YOU PERMISSION TO DO SO - VIOLATION OF THIS PROVISION WILL RESULT IN BONUS ENTRY NOT BEING AWARDED; AND, VIOLATORS MAY ALSO BE DISQUALIFIED FROM SWEEPSTAKES. Bonus entry will be awarded only if friend's email address is valid. Limit: One (1) bonus entry per person. Multiple shares will not result in additional bonus entries. Friends will be told who supplied Sponsor with their email address.
- Regular Entry.Persons may enter once per each of the following methods for a total of two (2) "Regular Entries."
- Entry Restrictions. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for entries and/or transmissions of entry information (as applicable) that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, inaccessible, misdirected, incomplete, mutilated, delayed, mechanically reproduced or postage due (with all such entries being void). Without limiting the foregoing, emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org without a "live," functioning link to a qualifying pin board will result in entry not being awarded. In participating via Rule 2.A.ii., entrant must comply with all policies of www.pinterest.com, including Pinterest's Acceptable Use Policy. You can sign up for a Pinterest account without charge. A PERSON CAN SUBMIT A MAXIMUM OF THREE (3) ENTRIES IN TOTAL; TWO (2) "REGULAR ENTRIES" (ONE PER "REGULAR ENTRY" METHOD) AND ONE (1) BONUS ENTRY. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than this stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, DO NOT SEND MORE THAN ONE (1) E-MAIL TO ENTRIES@BLUENILE.COM; PERSONS VIOLATING THESE LIMITS MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. In the event of a dispute, the first of the Regular Entries and Bonus Entry made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed by the Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion as the valid entries. Receipt of entries may be acknowledged, but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation as to Sweepstakes eligibility.
- SELECTION: One potential winner will be randomly selected on or around December 10, 2012 from among all eligible entries received. For the avoidance of doubt, so long as the content of www.bluenile.com "Wish List” and/or "My Blue Nile Wish List" pin board is in compliance with these Official Rules, the nature of such content will not affect the determination of the winner (if applicable). Winner selection will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging agency, at its offices in Auburn Hills, Michigan USA. Potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail (exact method of notification being in Sponsor's/Administrator's sole discretion) and will be required to complete, sign and return a notarized affidavit (or in the case of a UK winner, a witnessed certificate) of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within ten (10) days of date of notification. Noncompliance with this requirement, if potential winner cannot be contacted by Administrator for any reason [within ten (10) days], or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification of potential winner and prize forfeiture. If disqualified, an alternative winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received in Sponsor/Administrators sole discretion. If a Canadian resident is selected in the drawing, in order to win the prize, he/she must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance of any kind within a predetermined time limit.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Prize is $2,500 USD or CAD, or £1,500 worth of jewellery from Sponsor. If winner is U.S. resident, prize will be awarded in the form of gift cards redeemable at www.bluenile.com totalling $2,500 (USD or CAD) in value. Gift cards are subject to terms/conditions indicated thereon and are not redeemable/exchangeable for cash (except where required by law.) For the avoidance of doubt, if winner is U.S. resident, he/she will NOT receive the items from his/her www.bluenile.com Wish List and/or his/her "My Blue Nile Wish List" pin board (if applicable). If winner is a UK or Canadian resident, winner may choose any product(s) from the Blue Nile website provided that the product(s) were included either on his/her www.bluenile.com Wish List or his/her "My Blue Nile Wish List" pin board (if applicable; and, provided that such product(s) are eligible to be shipped to the winner's country of residence as solely determined by Sponsor) with a total value of approximately $2,500 in USD or CAD (if winner is a UK resident, the total value will be £1,500 pre-tax and excluding shipping and handling fees. Such currency conversion values stated herein are for illustration purposes only and the actual prize conversion values may vary depending on the exchange rate on the date selected by the Sponsor/Administrator and the time of prize allocation. No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason (if winner is a U.K. or Canadian resident). Prize is not transferable or assignable. Prizes may only be shipped to the U.S., U.K. or Canada. All unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance/use of prize are winner's sole responsibility. All applicable taxes and duties on prize are winner's sole responsibility; Sponsor will report winner's receipt of prize as required by applicable law (if winner is a U.S. resident, he/she will receive an IRS 1099 Tax Form; if winner is a U.K. or Canadian resident, he/she may be responsible for U.S. foreign withholding tax.) Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY: Officers, employees, and directors (as well as their immediate families) of Blue Nile, Inc., Exposure Marketing, Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not eligible to enter or win the prize. "Immediate families" means one's spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and their children (i.e., nieces and nephews), regardless of where they live.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription/capture/recordation of entries, bonus entries or entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or website, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Administrator further disclaim any liability for late, lost, corrupted, inaccessible e-mails and/or links regardless of cause (including but not limited to e-mail filtering technology, functioning of www.pinterest.com, system malfunction, failure or error of any kind.) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. (This includes but is not limited to misuse of the "Send my Wish List to a friend" feature.) Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry (and/or the entrant responsible for same) and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (contingent upon Sponsor securing any governmental approval that may be required). In such event, Administrator will select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor/Administrator or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action will be posted on the Blue Nile website.
- RELEASES: By participating, to the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, as well as the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, as well as Pinterest, from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner's name, hometown, likeness, statements and other personally identifiable information for Sweepstakes, advertising and marketing purposes connected with this Sweepstakes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Pinterest.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed in state court in King County, State of Washington USA or in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of the State of Washington; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington USA without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of Washington USA or of any other jurisdiction.
- FOR CANADA ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- FOR UK ONLY: Nothing in these Official Rules limits or excludes the liability of the Sweepstakes Entities for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Sweepstakes Entities.
- GENERAL: Should any provision of these Official Rules be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalid/illegal/unenforceable provision shall be severed from these Official Rules and replaced with a substitute provision that is valid, legal and enforceable and most closely captures the original intent of Sponsor. The determination of the invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision of these Official Rules shall in no way affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provision of these Official Rules.
- WINNER: To receive name of winner, visit www.promodetails.com end enter the Promo Code "BlueNileWish". Winner's list will be available after January 1, 2013.
SPONSOR: Blue Nile, Inc., 411 First Avenue S., Suite 700, Seattle, WA 98104 USA.
ADMINISTRATOR: Exposure Marketing & Promotions, Inc., 1000 N. Opdyke Rd., Auburn Hills, MI 48326 USA.