By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to these Official Rules as well as the decisions of Blue Nile, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Exposure Marketing & Promotion, Inc. ("Administrator").
SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE: Sweepstakes starts November 18, 2015 at 12:01:00 a.m. US Pacific Time and ends January 6, 2016 at 11:59:00 p.m. US Pacific Time ("Sweepstakes Period").
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Entry: During Sweepstakes Period, visit the Sweepstakes website at www.bluenile.com/jewelry-sweepstakes. Complete the entry form with all required information, including your choice of First Prize Luna Diamond Eternity Ring if your “base” entry or one of your bonus entries [as explained below] is selected in the random drawing and you are confirmed as the First Prize winner in the Sweepstakes. Then, submit as directed. LIMIT: One (1) “base” entry per person or email address.
- Bonus Entries: During Sweepstakes Period, purchase any ring found at www.bluenile.com/wedding/riviera-rialto-luna-collections to receive five (5) bonus entries. To receive bonus entries, you must first have submitted a “base” entry as per Rule 2a and the transaction in which the qualifying ring was purchased must not have been voided or cancelled either by you or Blue Nile, Inc. for any reason; qualifying ring cannot have been returned by you for a refund or exchanged for another product. To assure that you are properly credited for bonus entries, information listed on the check-out form when making purchase must match the information listed on “base” entry.*
- Bonus Entries-Alternate Method of Entry: For five (5) bonus entries WITHOUT PURCHASE, send an email with your name, address, daytime phone number and date of birth to email@example.com. Be sure to include BLUE NILE BIG GAME SWEEPSTAKES AMOE in the subject line of the email. To receive bonus entries, you must first have submitted a “base” entry as per Rule 2a. To assure that you are properly credited for bonus entries, information listed on your email must match the information listed on “base” entry and you are advised to use the same email as listed in “base” entry to submit the bonus entry request email as per this subsection.
- Entry Restrictions: There is a limit of one (1) “base” entry and five (5) bonus entries per person or email address, regardless of method used to obtain bonus entries. (For the avoidance of doubt, the purchase of multiple qualifying rings will NOT result in receipt of more than five (5) bonus entries via Rule 2b.) Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries (i.e., more than one (1) “base” entry and/or more than five (5) bonus entries) by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s entries in excess of applicable entry limit and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, a “base” entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry; bonus entries received in conjunction with qualifying purchase (as per Rule 2b) will be deemed made by the name identified as the purchaser on the check-out form when purchasing a qualifying ring; bonus entries effected via alternate method of entry (as per Rule 2c) will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the bonus entry request email.
WINNER SELECTION: Five (5) potential winners will be randomly selected on or around January 8, 2016 from among all eligible entries (i.e., "base" entries and bonus entries) received. Winner selection will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging agency. Potential winners will be notified by phone or e-mail (exact method of notification being in Sponsor's/Administrator's sole discretion) and will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) within indicated time period (potential Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return affidavit/release within two (2) days of notification; all other potential winners must complete, sign and return affidavit/release within ten (10) days of notification). An electronic or facsimile version of the signed affidavit/release shall have the same legal effect as a hand-signed document. Noncompliance with the affidavit/release requirement, if potential winner cannot be contacted by Administrator for any reason, or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification of potential winner and prize forfeiture. If disqualified, an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received via random drawing (in the case of Grand Prize winner, time permitting).
PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Grand Prize (1) – trip for winner and one guest to the "Big Game" in Santa Clara, California on Sunday, February 7, 2016. Trip includes roundtrip coach air travel from major commercial airport near winner’s residence to San Francisco; 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) in the San Francisco area; two (2) tickets to the “Big Game”; winner’s choice of one (1) of three Sponsor-selected (3) Luna Diamond Eternity Rings; $1,000 spending money awarded as a gift card (gift card issuer will be chosen by Sponsorand is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). Total Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize: $14,500. (If actual value of Grand Prize is less than $14,500, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.) First Prize (1) – winner’s choice of one (1) of three (3) Sponsor-selected Luna Diamond Eternity Rings. (First Prize is the ring selected by First Prize winner in his/her “base” entry, unless Sponsor consents in writing to allow winner to modify his/her original selection. Sponsor is in no way obligated to allow modification of original selection and will not have any liability should it choose not to allow such modification for any reason.) Approximate Retail Value: $2,000. (If actual value of chosen First Prize is less than $2,000, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.) Second Prize (3) – a $500 Blue Nile Gift Certificate valid only for purchase of a ring from Blue Nile’s Riviera, Rialto and Luna Collections found at www.bluenile.com/wedding/riviera-rialto-luna-collections. Approximate Retail Value: $500 each. (If Second Prize winner uses Blue Nile Gift Certificate to purchase a ring from Blue Nile’s Riviera, Rialto and Luna Collections which costs over $500, winner will be solely responsible for such additional cost. If Second Prize winner uses Blue Nile Gift Certificate to purchase a ring from Blue Nile’s Riviera, Rialto and Luna Collections, winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.) Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $18,000. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received.
Grand Prize: Winner must be able to travel February 5 – 8, 2016, so as to attend the "Big Game;" if winner is unable to do so for any reason, Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary as set by Sponsor in its sole discretion; without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor will select airports and hotel accommodations in its sole discretion. Guest of winner (if a minor in jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return a liability release and a publicity release (where legal), prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is a minor, he/she may only accompany his/her parent or legal guardian (i.e., the Grand Prize winner) on the trip. Valid photo identification is required for prize travel. Trip is subject to availability and other restrictions. If winner’s residence is within reasonable driving distance of Santa Clara, California (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion), he/she will receive ground transportation (or, alternatively, a stipend in an amount of Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole choosing to be used for ground transportation) instead of air travel; and, winner will not receive any substitute prize or compensation in conjunction with such substitution. If winner chooses to accept Grand Prize without a guest, prize components will be awarded in increments appropriate for one traveler (this includes only one ticket to the “Big Game”) and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith. Seat location and type of ticket to the “Big Game” are of Sponsor’s sole choosing. Grand Prize winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner; failure to do so will result in immediate termination of trip for winner and/or guest and Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to winner or guest (as appropriate).
First Prize: Actual/appraised value of ring may differ at time of prize award.
Second Prizes: Gift Certificate will be provided in electronic form and is subject to Sponsor’s Gift Certificate Policies available www.bluenile.com. However, where these Official Rules include additional conditions for use of Blue Nile Gift Certificate, such additional conditions shall apply notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Sponsor’s Gift Certificate Policies.
In General: Limit of one (1) prize per family, household or address. Any expenses related to acceptance and use of prize which are not specified in these Official Rules as well as all applicable taxes on prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Sponsor shall report winner’s receipt of prize to all applicable governmental authorities as may be required by law; Grand and First Prizes winners will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form for the fair market value of applicable prize. No prize substitution except by Sponsor if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable for any reason, and only then for prize/prize component of comparable value. Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Prizes are not transferable or assignable.
- ELIGIBILITY: Officers, employees, and directors (as well as their immediate families) of Blue Nile, Inc., Exposure Marketing & Promotion, Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not eligible to enter or win a prize. “Immediate families” means one’s spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and their children (i.e., nieces and nephews), regardless of where they live.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription/capture/recordation of entries, bonus entries or entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Website, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or television related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry (and/or the entrant responsible for same) and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Administrator will select the winners from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor/Administrator or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action will be posted on the Blue Nile website.
- RELEASES: By participating, to the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, as well as the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation in the Sweepstakes, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements and other personally identifiable information for Sweepstakes, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed in state court in King County, State of Washington or in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of the State of Washington, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action (and waive any right to change of venue, forum non conveniens, or any like right), (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of Washington or of any other jurisdiction.
- GENERAL: Should any provision of these Official Rules be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalid/illegal/unenforceable provision shall be severed from these Official Rules and replaced with a substitute provision that is valid, legal and enforceable and most closely captures the original intent of Sponsor. The determination of the invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision of these Official Rules shall in no way affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provision of these Official Rules.
- WINNERS: To receive names of winners, visit www.promodetails.com and enter the Promo Code “BigGameSweeps”. Winners’ list will be available after January 31, 2016.