'WIN A $2,500 BLUE NILE GIFT CARD' SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (AND WASHINGTON, DC), THE UNITED KINGDOM AND CANADA, WHO ARE 18 OR OVER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. Void in all jurisdictions outside the United States, United Kingdom and Canada and where prohibited by law. DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED KINGDOM OR CANADA.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to these Official Rules as well as the decisions of Blue Nile, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and Exposure Marketing & Promotion, Inc. (“Administrator”).
- SWEEPSTAKES SCHEDULE: Sweepstakes starts July 2, 2014 at 9:00:00 a.m. US Pacific Time/4:00:00 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time and ends January 7, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. US Pacific Time/January 8, 2015 at 6:59:59 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER:
- Initial Entry: During Sweepstakes Period, access the Blue Nile Website at www.bluenile.com, complete the entry form, and submit as directed
- Bonus Entries: A bonus entry will be awarded for each of the following actions (LIMIT FOUR (4) TOTAL BONUS ENTRIES): (i) Like Blue Nile on Facebook; (ii) Tweet about the $2,500 Blue Nile Gift Card Sweepstakes on Twitter; (iii) +1 Blue Nile on Google Plus; (iv) Follow Blue Nile on Pinterest.
- WINNER SELECTION: One potential winner will be randomly selected on or around January 16, 2015 from among all eligible entries received. Winner selection will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging agency, at its offices in Auburn Hills, Michigan USA. Potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail (exact method of notification being in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion) and will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility or for any UK winner, a certificate and a publicity release (where lawful) within ten (10) days of date of notification. Noncompliance with this requirement, if potential winner cannot be contacted by Administrator for any reason, or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will result in disqualification of potential winner and prize forfeiture. If disqualified, an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. If a Canadian resident is selected in the drawing, in order to win the prize, he/she must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other assistance of any kind within a predetermined time limit.
- PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: Prize is $2,500 in Blue Nile jewelry – to be awarded in the form of a gift card. (ARV $2,500 USD). The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable or assignable. Prize may only be shipped to the US, UK or Canada. All unspecified expenses in conjunction with acceptance/use of prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Gift card is subject to terms and conditions of Issuer. All applicable taxes and duties on prize are winner’s sole responsibility; Sponsor will report winner’s receipt of prize as required by applicable law (if winner is a U.S. resident, he/she will receive an IRS 1099 Tax Form; if winner is a U.K. or Canadian resident, he/she may be responsible for U.S. foreign withholding tax.) Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY: Officers, employees, and directors (as well as their immediate families) of Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies are not eligible to enter or win the prize. “Immediate families” means one’s spouse, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings and their children (i.e., nieces and nephews), regardless of where they live.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Neither Sponsor nor Administrator are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription/capture/recordation of entries, bonus entries or entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service, Website, Mobile Site, or any other error or malfunction, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or television related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules in a given instance shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes which in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry (and/or the entrant responsible for same) and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (contingent upon Sponsor securing any governmental approval that may be required). In such event, Administrator will select the winner from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by Sponsor/Administrator or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor/Administrator to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action will be posted on the website.
- RELEASES: By participating, except in cases of fraud of Sponsor or Administrator, breach of Sponsor’s or Administrators’ obligations under these Official Rules, or death or personal injury caused by negligence of Sponsor or Administrator, to the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies, as well as the directors, officers, agents, shareholders, representatives, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Google or Pinterest, from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by their participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements and other personally identifiable information for Sweepstakes, advertising and marketing purposes connected with the Sweepstakes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Google or Pinterest.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (a) any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor shall be filed in state court in King County, State of Washington USA or in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of the State of Washington, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action (and waive any right to change of venue, forum non conveniens, or any like right), (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington USA without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law/choice of law of the State of Washington USA or of any other jurisdiction.
- FOR QUÉBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- GENERAL: Should any provision of these Official Rules be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalid/illegal/unenforceable provision shall be severed from these Official Rules and replaced with a substitute provision that is valid, legal and enforceable and most closely captures the original intent of Sponsor. The determination of the invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision of these Official Rules shall in no way affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provision of these Official Rules.
- WINNER: To receive name of winner, visit www.promodetails.com and enter the Promo Code “BNWina2,500GiftCardSweeps”. Winner’s list will be available after February 15, 2015 and until July 15, 2015.
SPONSOR: Blue Nile, Inc., 411 First Avenue S., Suite 700, Seattle, WA 98104 USA.
ADMINISTRATOR: Exposure Marketing & Promotion, Inc., 1000 N. Opdyke Rd., Auburn Hills, MI 48326 USA.